As the File Explorer Tabs made available within Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25136 in Dev Channel but not widely available for every Insiders, in the following post I’ll demonstrate how-to enable this feature if you would like to have an earlier taste.
Note: Before you proceed make sure completed the following prerequisites:
- Your device was upgraded to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25136 in Dev Channel.
- Downloaded the “vivetool” from Releases · thebookisclosed/ViVe · GitHub.
- Once you’ve completed the above prerequisites, then extract the “vivetool” to a desired location.
2. Open PowerShell or Command Prompt with elevated permissions and moving to the location with vivetool. If your device was installed with Windows Terminal then you just right-click on the location of the extracted vivetool > Open in Terminal.
3. Enter “.\vivetool addconfig 37634385 2” then “.\vivetool addconfig 36354489 2” in the PowerShell or Windows Terminal window and press enter key each time when completed a line of command.
4. When finished without any error message then proceed a restart you should see the File Explorer opened with a tab view on the top of the window.
If you spot any bugs 🐛 or issue you should file a feedback in Feedback Hub > under Files, Folders, and Online Storage > File Explorer.